Monday, March 13, 2006

For every System, there's a system...


Just in case you guys hadn't figured it out yet, that last post was my PGP public key. Download your own version of PGP for secure communication and file safety before the government owns your ass (and also for the purpose of communicating with people like me on legal matters, etc...):

here

It's free.

See this book for why you and I should do such a thing.

I know what you're thinking - crypto-what? Exactly. Find out. It could save your business, or fetch you a better salary, or job for that matter. You lawyers, you accountants, you writers, you network admins - pick up the book that was a restricted export (and to my knowledge, still is) and find out why you don't already know this shit.

You might learn something.

4 Comments:

Blogger brousky said...

I meant to ask you about why you were posting encryptions for some time now...

A pretty good advertisment for the book, but you should have gone with a gloom and doom outlook, especially on the heels of what seems to be the court verdict in the Google case. Scare everyone into using encryption!! I like it!

3:57 PM  
Blogger brousky said...

OH, and thanks for the Bill Evans preview.

Really enjoying it!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Mr. The Buffalo said...

yeah, Bill rocks, in that jazzy sorta way.

but D - gloom and doom has been done before. People tend to shy away from that shite. Education is the path to freedom. And information wants to be free. (just ask Lawrnce Lessig; I have a few of his books if you want to borrow them).

9:47 PM  
Blogger Mr. The Buffalo said...

Every night, I write something, whether it's crap or not, who knows. But I write. And when I'm done, I encrypt it. Not because I don't want my wife or friends to get a hold of it - hell, I don't care if they do - but because it's mine. It's my intellectual property and I'm not naive enough to believe that someone out there hasn't figured a way into my system.

Think of it this way, if your favorite author or screenwriter had something on his mind and decided to type it out into a word file - would you really want to know about it before it became the next novel you read or movie you saw? That would take all the fun out of it wouldn't it?

Now imagine the same senario, except when you blog, all of your personal thoughts and ideas are broadcast across this huge information superhighway.

If some jackass can tell me about Peter Jackson's next flick by hacking his website, what do you think our government can do with your library card, or your seemingly benign posts on a public blog?

I wonder what's next.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home