Sunday, July 31, 2005

Don't you hate it when that happens...

For the last few days, my Internet connection has been out of service. I called the Cox Communications Customer Service people and tried to figure out why all the lights on the modem are lit, but I can't get a signal. The end result was someone politely suggesting that I get a new ethernet card for my computer.

Ummm... no.

I tried several different PC's and had the same problem. The ethernet card in my computer is fine - thank you. However, I now know that something in the modem was in fact fried. After acquiring a new modem, baddabing! Connectivity.

But here's where things get weird. For some reason, the connection if fickle now. If it doesn't feel like taking me out to the Internet, it doesn't. I don't know what the deal is, but I think it may have something to do with the freakish lightning storms we have been having in Uptown NOLA lately. Perhaps a cable somewhere is hanging on by a thread. I dunno.

Anyway, that aside, the BAR is over. It was a grueling process, befitting of several nights of drunken debauchery after it was over. I'm not even going to waste webspace trying to elaborate on the past week. It wasn't fun. I don't want to ever do it again. Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home