Monday, August 01, 2005

O.K. now what?

As I'm sitting here at my desk, in my apartment, in front of my laptop, I suddenly have found myself asking - now what? This is the first time in years that I am quite confounded with my current situation. I just finished one part of my life. I am waiting to find out if a new part of my life will include the use of the education I received for the last three years (in a licensed capacity anyway). But I can't sit around playing video games all day. And as much as I would love to, I can't catch up on the reading I have missed for the last three years.

So now what? Yeah, I have job prospects, but for two months I get to sit and wait while some random persons decide whether my career will involve courtrooms and pleadings.

Bah, what good is worrying, eh? I recently noticed that the Baton Rouge Beach Marathon website has been updated to reflect this year's registration information. I had been planning on doing that race this year, since I only did a half-marathon in February. Anyone reading this is probably wondering, "There's a beach in Baton Rouge?" Or possibly, "There's a marathon in Baton Rouge?" (Which is what I was wondering when I first found out about it.)

Yes indeed, there is in fact a beach worthy of the winding marathon route. The race starts near the LSU campus lakes and snakes its way through every possible nook and cranny the Red Stick has to offer.


But my enthusiasm soon waned as the grim reality set in; my knees are still fairly tender. I feel like a thoroughbred that is just waiting for the thud of a mallet. Since when did I give my knees permission to go lame on me?

Either way, I am going to start training again.

Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun
cross 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 5 m pace
8
cross 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 5 m run
9
cross 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 5 m pace
6
cross 3 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 6 m pace
11
cross 3 m run 6 m run 3 m run rest 6 m run

12

cross 3 m run 5 m run 3 m run rest 6 m pace
9
cross 4 m run 7 m run 4 m run rest 7 m pace
14
cross 4 m run 7 m run 4 m run rest 7 m run
15
cross 4 m run 5 m run 4 m run rest 7 m pace
11
cross 4 m run 8 m run 4 m run rest 8 m pace
17
cross 5 m run 8 m run 5 m run rest 8 m run
18
cross 5 m run 5 m run 5 m run rest 8 m pace
13
cross 5 m run 8 m run 5 m run rest 5 m pace
20
cross 5 m run 5 m run 5 m run rest 8 m run
12
cross 5 m run 8 m run 5 m run rest 5 m pace
20
cross 5 m run 6 m run 5 m run rest 4 m pace
12
cross 4 m run 5 m run 4 m run rest 3 m run
8
cross 3 m run 4 m run rest rest 2 m run
race

Hopefully, December will be a good month. If it starts with a good race (and me in it), it should be.

Oh, and I haven't forgotten the whole cat picture thing. I have those in the pipe right now, just waiting on some technical issues to be resolved, then viola - pictures of cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home